Best use of IT to support clinical treatment and care
This category is designed to complement the 'Best use of IT to support healthcare business efficiency' by focusing on projects, programmes and teams that use IT to improve clinical treatment and care. Typically, succesful entrants will have successfully re-engineered care processes to streamline service delivery, eliminate waste and/or free up frontline staff to focus on patient care.
Guru in Cornwall
NHS Kernow has used Microtest’s Guru within urgent and acute care settings across Cornwall to give clinicians immediate two-way access to patient records held in Microtest’s Evolution GP system and read-only access to records in other primary care systems. This has helped hospital staff in emergency departments and medical assessment units to treat patients faster and more effectively.
- Brighton and Sussex University Hospitals
- Leeds Community Healthcare NHS Trust and University of York
- NHS Kernow
- Oxford University Hospitals NHS Trust
- St George's University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- Wirral University Teaching Hospital NHS Foundation Trust